Last Updated: June 1, 2022
513 E De La Guerra St
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
+1 (213) 421-6800
Scope of application
according to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Which personal data do we process, for what purpose and on what basis?
When you visit our Website, the server automatically logs general technical information. This data includes your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data, information about the devices you use to access the site, location and web navigation data.
Cookies are pieces of information your web browser automatically stores on your device when you visit the Website. You can independently manage the security settings in your browser and block or delete the cookies we use. Please note that our website may no longer function to its full extent if you block cookies that are necessary for the functioning of the Website.
The website may include certain social media features, such as the Facebook "Like" button, and widgets, such as the "Share This" button or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect data from a user's log files. Your interactions with these features are subject to the privacy policies of the companies providing these features.
When you use our Services, we collect the following personal data from you:
- Registration/login information: When you register to use our Services, we collect your contact details (which may be pseudonymized in the case of students) and other relevant personal information that you provide us with on this occasion. If you authenticate yourself with an existing account (Microsoft, Google, etc.), we will receive the necessary personal information (e.g. name, email address) from these services. Students can also use Classtime with a pseudonym.
- Communication information: We store communication between you and us, such as service-related emails regarding account management, notifications on technical issues or changes to the Services.
- Other personal information: We process any other personal information you store on the learning platform of your own accord or that result from your use of the learning platform.
- Technical information: We log certain technical information in connection with your usage of our Services.
We collect and process this personal information to provide you with our Services, to communicate with you, to optimize your user experience, to improve and expand our services, to analyze demand patterns, conduct other evaluations, to ensure IT security and privacy protection, to guarantee the operations, management and development of our company, to enforce or defend legal claims, and to comply with legal obligations.
Based on our interest in informing people who are interested in our Services about our offers and about any new developments, we can send you marketing information (e.g. via a newsletter). You can opt out of receiving such information at any time.
Children’s personal information & COPPA
We do not enable children to make their personal information publicly available through our Services.
We do not knowingly collect or process any other personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without the appropriate consent, we will delete it immediately.
See section 8 for parents’ rights to review their children’s personal information, have it deleted, prevent its further use or online collection, etc.
When and how do we transfer your personal data to third parties?
In the following cases, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information to third parties:
- We use third parties to perform certain business-related functions, including but not limited to IT (such as maintaining databases, sending messages, providing and developing certain service functions, maintenance and security), payment, billing and collection. If we engage a third party to perform such a function, we will only provide that third party with the information it needs to perform its specific function.
- We may disclose collected information if and to the extent necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of our users (including, without limitation, against liability claims), or (iii) protect the security or integrity of the Services.
- We may share your personal information with third parties to whom we transfer our business or parts thereof or with whom we merge.
We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
We protect your personal information in particular by means of the following technical and organizational security measures against unintentional, illegal or unauthorized manipulation, deletion, modification, access, disclosure, use, or loss:
- our database is stored on certified servers in Switzerland,
- connections between app and server and to the database are encrypted (TLS),
- information is stored encrypted in the database ("encrypted at rest"),
- only selected employees have access to the database,
- 2-factor authentication is possible using Google Authenticator,
- daily backups.
How do we respond to Do Not Track signals?
We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We only store your personal information for as long and to the extent necessary for the purposes described above or for legal reasons.
Personal information stored in user accounts will be deleted six months after deletion of the corresponding account.
What are your rights in connection with your personal information?
Subject to applicable law, we grant you the following rights in connection with your personal information:
− Right to access your personal information,
− Right to have inaccurate personal information rectified,
− Right to have your personal information deleted,
− Right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information,
− Right to obtain a copy of your personal information.
Please note that exceptions apply to these rights. In particular, we may be obliged to further process your personal information to fulfill a contract, to protect our own legitimate interests, such as the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims, or to comply with legal obligations. In these cases, we can or must reject certain requests or comply with them only to a limited extent.
To exercise your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Links to other websites
Our Website links to third-party websites that are not operated or controlled by us. We are not responsible for whether and how these third parties comply with data protection laws.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we collect and process your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org